Thursday, December 27, 2012

Matcha Mayhem!

Picked up a few ounces of sweet matcha at t, an urban teahouse before Christmas.  Love that place.  So minimalist and chill. This cookbook: "New Tastes in Green Tea" had been tempting me for awhile so I just had to try some experimenting with a new ingredient.


 Matcha butter. Simply butter blended with matcha. It didn't have a strong flavor. Just left the butter tasting a little bitter and slightly of green tea.  I've enjoyed it on toast in the mornings.  I imagine that it would compliment a mildly sweet scone or muffin because it needs a little sugar.


Spinach, marinated tofu, carrot and red onion salad with matcha dressing.  This was so simple but one of the best salads I've ever made  You'll have to pick up the book for this amazing tangy matcha dressing recipe!